Got Questions?

Trupanion is here to answer them.


Trupanion provides a free, easy-to-use web-based application formerly known as Trupanion Express that saves time, reduces paperwork, and helps more pets receive the care they need.

  • Quickly tell Trupanion which pets are eligible for a digital Exam Day Offer—no paper necessary.
  • The entire Trupanion claim experience is electronic.
  • Trupanion pays claims directly to your hospital’s bank account in minutes.
  • We pay our portion first so pet owners don’t have to wait for a reimbursement.


Trupanion’s policy aligns the interests of both pet owners and veterinary professionals. Here’s how:

  • The Trupanion policy* will pay 90% of the eligible expenses on your clients’ bill at check-out—electronically and often within seconds. Your clients pay the remaining 10% of eligible costs. This eliminates the traditional reimbursement model.
  • By paying your hospital directly, Trupanion reduces your credit card fees.
  • Trupanion members never hit a financial cap in their coverage. There’s no annual, per condition, or lifetime payout limits.
  • Trupanion doesn’t dictate the cost of your treatments.

Learn more about how we are different here.

*terms and conditions apply


Our Exam Day Offers are the best way for veterinary teams to introduce quality medical insurance to their clients. After a healthy, young pet’s examination, you can let us know if a pet is eligible for an Exam Day Offer with a click of a button—no paper necessary. We’ll send their human an email and text, if they’re interested, and discuss the offer with them. No need for your teams to do anything.

This offer waives waiting periods and provides immediate, full policy coverage for any unexpected injuries or illnesses. The Trupanion policy will pay 90% of any eligible veterinary costs less a small lifetime, per condition deductible*. Depending on where you live, the policy coverage ends automatically after 30 days unless your client calls Trupanion to continue the policy.

Get more detail here.

*Offer varies by state. Please call us to learn more about Exam Day Offers in your area.


No two pets are the same. That’s why Trupanion shares risk equally among lucky, unlucky, and average pets. Here’s how:

We place an individual pet into a group of pets based on breed, age at enrollment, selected deductible, and the local cost of veterinary care (down to the zip code).

Once enrolled, the monthly cost for an individual pet will not go up or down based on its specific situation. Even if the pet becomes unlucky later in life—and we provide substantial payouts for care—we will not raise the monthly cost just based on the pet celebrating a birthday.


Trupanion is enhancing the lives of veterinary care providers throughout the world through the TruCuddle movement, that will contribute funds that will go directly to non-profit organizations that empower and support veterinary professionals through grants, scholarships, and educational programs. For program details, please visit the TruCuddle FAQ.