- What is TruCuddle?
- TruCuddle is a worldwide movement started by Trupanion intended to bring well-deserved joy and support to the veterinary community. In partnership with MightyVet, Not One More Vet (NOMV), Multicultural Veterinary Medical Association (MCVMA), and in collaboration with WeRateDogs, we’re leveling up our commitment to support veterinary professionals with this special fundraising campaign to support grant, scholarship and educational programs.
- How long does TruCuddle run?
- TruCuddle starts with Veterinary Appreciation Day (June 18) and continues through National Veterinary Technician Appreciation Week (October 17 - 23).
- Who are the organizations and why were they chosen?
TruCuddle will contribute funds to Not One More Vet (NOMV) and Multicultural Veterinary Medical Association (MCVMA).
Not One More Vet is here to transform the well-being and status of mental health within the veterinary community by providing education, resources, and support. Resources and support include the world’s largest peer-to-peer support group, an educational program providing leadership on wellness, a support grant program for immediate financial support, and an online crisis support system.
Multicultural Veterinary Medical Association exists to lead veterinary medicine towards the racial and ethnic diversity, equity, and inclusivity that our profession needs to serve a multicultural society. MCVMA is here to provide resources, education, outreach, and support for veterinary professionals.
Trupanion recently committed to issue over 50,000 shares of stock, which, as of June 14, 2021, was worth over $4.9 million, to MightyVet, a non-profit, industry-wide platform founded to support veterinary professionals in their career and well-being. MightyVet is an online community intended to tackle the issues faced in the veterinary profession that are not prepared for in schools. Read the press release here.
Trupanion has partnered with WeRateDogs on their social media campaign #EarstoVets. Made up of 15 million pet lovers worldwide, the WeRateDogs community will rally, support, and share photos and videos on social to show they’re listening to their veterinarian professionals, not just about medical care, but also to the challenges they’re facing.
These organizations are aligned with our mission to support and give back to the veterinary profession.
- How can my hospital participate?
- Software installs: For every new hospital that installs Trupanion’s payment solution software, we will donate $250.
- Wear your cuddle: WeRateDogs is selling T-shirts to help spread the word about #EarsToVets, a campaign designed to increase awareness surrounding the challenges faced by veterinary professionals. 100% of the proceeds of the sale of these T-shirts (between 7/1 and 10/31) will go towards our Trucuddle campaign partners, NOMV and MCVMA.
- Help spread the word: Download our shareable social media graphic and post to your page!
- How much of my donation goes to the organizations?
- 100% of the proceeds go to Not One More Vet (NOMV) and Multicultural Veterinary Medical Association (MCVMA). The proceeds are evenly split between NOMV and MCVMA.
- What is the donation limit?
- There is no limit on donation amount through TruCuddle. There more we raise, the more we are able to give back to the veterinary community!
- Can I decide which organization receives my donation?
- In an effort to equally contribute to partnering organizations Not One More Vet (NOMV) and Multicultural Veterinary Medical Association (MCVMA), we do not allow contributions to be earmarked for a specific organization.
- Is my donation tax deductible?
- No, donations are not tax deductible.
- When will the organizations receive the donations?
- Partnering organizations will receive funds at the end of October 2021.
- How are the donations going to be used?
- Not One More Vet (NOMV) plans to use TruCuddle funds toward educational grants, speaking engagements, and to extend their current resources to a wider array of organizations in specific areas. Multicultural Veterinary Medical Association (MCVMA) plans to use the funds to support their student ambassador program in veterinary and veterinary nursing schools as well as provide professional development support to Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) veterinarians and veterinary nurses.
- Will my hospital’s information be shared with the partnering organizations?
- No, your hospital’s information will not be shared when donating through TruCuddle, without expressed consent.
- Are there other promotional programs that Trupanion is offering in addition to TruCuddle?
- Absolutely! Email us at [email protected] to find out more about your hospital’s eligible programs.
- I’m interested in signing up or partnering with TruCuddle, where can I learn more or obtain resources for my team?
- Great! Contact your territory partner or email [email protected].
- How can I get more involved with Not One More Vet, Multicultural Veterinary Medical Association, MightyVet, WeRateDogs and/or donate directly?
To make a donation directly or learn more about available opportunities within an organization, visit their website:NOMV: nomv.org