NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING. THE FOLLOWING SWEEPSTAKES IS OPEN ONLY TO PERSONS WHO MEET THE CRITERIA (AS DEFINED IN THE RULES BELOW). ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL, AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHEREVER PROHIBITED. DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU DO NOT FALL WITHIN THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AS SET FORTH BELOW. TO ENTER YOU MUST HAVE THE LEGAL RIGHT TO ENTER INTO THIS AGREEMENT.
NOTE: Individuals may receive no more than $100 of value in prizes, gifts, and promotions from any Trupanion, Inc. (together with its affiliates, “Trupanion”) promotion in any 12-month period.
Official Sweepstakes Rules:
1. SWEEPSTAKES NAME: Q2 2023 Trupanion Veterinary Survey Sweepstakes (US) (the “Sweepstakes”).
2. HOW TO ENTER: This Sweepstakes is open only to certain members of the veterinary community (each, a “Participant”) who meet the Criteria (as defined below) and is NOT open to consumers or any Participant that does not meet the Criteria, as solely determined by Sponsor.
Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed or otherwise illicit means to enter the Sweepstakes, or any other methods not authorized by these Sweepstakes rules (“Official Rules”), for example, but not limited to, creating multiple accounts, identities, or registrations, all in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating and/or winning a prize. Entries that contain false or incomplete information are void. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions of the Official Rules are void. Entrants grant Sponsor a non-exclusive license to use all entries for any purpose. No correspondence will be entered into except with selected entrants (“Selected Entrants”). Proof of transmission (for example, screenshots or captures) does not constitute proof of entry or receipt of an entry.
3. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open to Participants who meet the following criteria (the “Criteria”): (i) are legal residents of the 50 United States (excluding North Dakota and West Virginia), Puerto Rico or the District of Columbia, (ii) have reached the age of majority in the Participant’s jurisdiction of residence at the time of entry, (iii) have the legal right to enter the Sweepstakes, and (iv) are the intended recipient of the email communication promoting the Sweepstakes.
Employees of Sponsor, its parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, departments or agencies, franchisees, suppliers, advertising and promotional agencies, sweepstakes administrators, and any other parties engaged in the development,production or distribution of Sweepstakes materials, and those living in the same household are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants acknowledge compliance with, and agree to be bound by, these Official Rules. Entrants who do not comply with any of the Official Rules are subject to disqualification by the Sponsor, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. VOID in North Dakota and West Virginia and where prohibited by law. All federal, state, municipal and local laws and regulations apply.
4. SWEEPSTAKES DATES AND TIMES: Sweepstakes begins on April 28, 2023 at 12:01 AM Eastern Time and ends on June 30, 2023 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time (the “Sweepstakes Period”) after which time the Sweepstakes will be closed and no further entries will be accepted.
5. TO ENTER: You can enter our Sweepstakes as follows (each, an “Entry”):
Anyone meeting the Criteria may enter by either 1) completing and submitting the “Trupanion Veterinary Trends” survey that was sent to eligible entrants via email by Sponsor during the Sweepstakes Period, or 2) submitting an entry via a postage-paid postcard that is no smaller than 3 ½ x 5 inches, with the name, mailing address, email address, and phone number of the entrant and Q2 2023 Trupanion Veterinary Survey Sweepstakes (US) written on the postcard. The postcard should be mailed to: Trupanion Managers, USA Inc., 6100 Fourth Avenue South, Suite 400, Seattle, WA 98108, Attn.: Veterinary Marketing. The entry must fulfill all requirements of the Sweepstakes, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize.
All entries must be complete and are subject to verification by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Each Participant may only enter the Sweepstakes one (1) time. Entries that are lost, late, misdirected, illegible, incompletely received, or incomplete, for any reason, will not be eligible and are not the responsibility of the Sponsor. In the event of a dispute over the identity of a Selected Entrant, Sponsor may require evidence sufficient to show that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address to which the communication promoting the Sweepstakes was delivered. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned the email address by the relevant email service provider.
6. PRIZES: Five (5) $100 USD Amazon e-gift cards will be awarded, (approximate retail value $100 USD each). The prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash, except in the sole discretion of Sponsor. All prize details including without limitation style, color, and selection are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Incidental expenses and all other costs and expenses which are not specifically listed as part of the prize in these Official Rules and which may be associated with the award, acceptance, receipt, and use of all or any portion of the awarded prize are solely the responsibility of the respective Winner. All federal, state, and local taxes associated with the receipt or use of any prize are solely the responsibility of the Winner.
7. WINNER SELECTION AND CONFIRMATION: Within four (4) weeks after the Sweepstakes Period ends, five (5) Selected Entrants will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entrants (each a “Winner”). If a Selected Entrant does not meet the Criteria, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a prize and another entrant may be selected. Before being declared a winner, Selected Entrants may be required to sign and return the Sponsor’s Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release form (the “Winner Release”); and must comply with all other Official Rules, all in the sole discretion of Sponsor.
Selected Entrants will be notified within a reasonable time after being selected and will be contacted by email at the address contained in the Entry to the Sweepstakes. Up to three (3) attempts will be made to contact Selected Entrants within three (3) business days following the draw. A Selected Entrant that does not or cannot accept a prize may be forfeited and a new Selected Entrant selected by random draw, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion will be awarded the relevant prize. A signed copy of the Winner Release must be received by the Sponsor no later than July 31, 2023, otherwise the Selected Entrant may be disqualified, at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a Selected Entrant to receive notification or for the Sponsor to receive a Selected Entrant’s response.
Each Selected Entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder associated with a selected Entry, at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
Individuals may receive no more than $100 of value in prizes, gifts, and promotions from any Trupanion promotion in any 12-month period. To the extent a prize would result in a Selected Entrant receiving more than $100 of value from Trupanion within the prior 12-month period, such Selected Entrant shall be disqualified and a new Selected Entrant shall be chosen.
8. ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
9. OTHER CONDITIONS: By entering the Sweepstakes, you agree to all the terms and conditions in these Official Rules. All federal, state and local taxes on prize and all expenses related to acceptance and use of prize, not otherwise specified, are the sole responsibility of Winner.
10. PUBLICITY AND ENTRANT INFORMATION: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants consent to the use of their name, address, email address, postal code, telephone number, social media handle(s), the information contained in the entries, comments and image, whether on videotape, photograph or any other means, for the administration of the Sweepstakes, any publicity carried out by the Sponsor, or for any other business use of Sponsor, without further notice or compensation, except where prohibited.
11. RULE AMENDMENTS: The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to amend or modify these Official Rules, or modify, cancel or suspend this Sweepstakes in the event that any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor corrupts, or threatens to corrupt, the security or proper administration of the Sweepstakes. Any changes will be posted on vet.trupanion.com/vetsurvey/terms-and-conditions and will be effective upon posting unless another effective date is specified. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as originally planned for any reason, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Sweepstakes and conduct a random draw from all previously received eligible entries received by the end of the Sweepstakes Period.
12. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: All Trupanion intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, images, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor. All rights reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any of the Sponsor’s intellectual property without the express written consent of the Sponsor is strictly prohibited.
13. LAW: The Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable federal, territorial, state, municipal and local laws. This Sweepstakes shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the state of Washington, including all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, rights and obligations between entrants and the Sponsor, and procedural provisions, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Any dispute shall be adjudicated by the courts sitting in King County, Washington.
14. WAIVERS AND RELEASES. By entering, entrants agree: (a) to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding; (b) to waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules; (c) that they may be contacted in person, by phone, social media, or by e-mail, with respect to the Sweepstakes; (d) that Sponsor, its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, and advertising and promotion agencies, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, and employees (collectively “Releasees”) are not responsible for lost, damaged, or misplaced entries, incorrect or inaccurate transcription of Entry information, or for any human or other error, technical malfunction, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software, inability to access any online service or web site, or any other error or malfunction, or any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes, or for any injury to person or property; and (e) that the Releasees will not be liable for losses or injuries of any kind resulting from acceptance/possession/use and/or misuse of the Prize, travel to and from any prize-related activity, participation in the Sweepstakes, or printing, mailing or distribution errors. Each Winner further acknowledges that Sponsor does not make any warranties, express or implied, relating to the Prize itself and that Sponsor expressly disclaims the implied warranties or merchantability and fitness for a particular use.
15. SEVERABILITY: If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
17. WINNERS LIST: For the names of all prize winners available after July 31, 2023, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Trupanion Managers USA, Inc., 6100 Fourth Avenue South, Suite 400, Seattle, WA 98108. Requests for a copy of these Official Rules received more than thirty (30) days after the Sweepstakes Period will not be honored.
18. SPONSOR: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Trupanion Managers USA, Inc., 6100 Fourth Avenue South, Suite 400, Seattle, WA 98108 (“Sponsor”). ©
© Trupanion Managers USA, Inc. 2023 All Rights Reserved.