NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Sweepstakes begins on May 12, 2022 at 9:00 AM Central Time and ends on May 13, 2022 at 6:00 PM Central Time. There are a total of five $100 USD Visa e-gift cards to be awarded, (total retail value: $500 USD). Skill-testing question required for Canadian residents. Open to legal residents of Canada (excluding QC), the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (excluding ND and WV), who, at the time of entry (i) are the age of majority in the participant’s jurisdiction of residence, (ii) are registered attendees of the Chicago Vet Show and (iii) have viewed a Software Certification video for Trupanion’s software or a Trupanion testimonial video. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. Limit one entry per person. Full rules and entry details available at: vet.trupanion.com/events/chicagovet/terms-and-conditions/. Sponsor: Trupanion Managers USA, Inc.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING. THE FOLLOWING SWEEPSTAKES IS OPEN ONLY TO PERSONS WHO MEET THE CRITERIA (AS DEFINED IN THE RULES BELOW). ALL FEDERAL, STATE, PROVINCIAL, LOCAL, AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHEREVER PROHIBITED. DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU DO NOT FALL WITHIN THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AS SET FORTH BELOW. TO ENTER YOU MUST HAVE THE LEGAL RIGHT TO ENTER INTO THIS AGREEMENT.
NOTE: Individuals may receive no more than $100 of value in prizes, gifts, and promotions from any Trupanion, Inc. (together with its affiliates, “Trupanion” ) promotion in any 12-month period.
Official Sweepstakes Rules:
1. SWEEPSTAKES NAME: Chicago Vet 2022 Trupanion Certification (the “Sweepstakes”).
2. HOW TO ENTER: This Sweepstakes is open only to registered attendees of the Chicago Vet Show taking place between May 12 through May 13, 2022 (the “Conference”) and have viewed a software certification video for Trupanion’s software or a Trupanion testimonial video (each, a “Participant”) who meet the Criteria (as defined below) and is NOT open to consumers or any Participant that does not meet the Criteria, as solely determined by Sponsor.
Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed or otherwise illicit means to enter the Sweepstakes, or any other methods not authorized by these Sweepstakes rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple accounts, identities, or registrations, all in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating and/or winning a prize. Entries that contain false or incomplete information are void. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions of the Sweepstakes rules are void. Entrants grant Sponsor a non-exclusive licence to use all entries for any purpose. No correspondence will be entered into except with selected entrants (“Selected Entrants”). Proof of transmission (for example, screenshots or captures) does not constitute proof of entry or receipt of an entry.
3. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open to Participants who meet the following criteria (the “Criteria”): (i) are legal residents of Canada, (excluding Quebec), the 50 United States or the District of Columbia (excluding North Dakota and West Virginia), (ii) have reached the age of majority in the participant’s jurisdiction of residence at the time of entry, and (iii) have the legal right to enter the Sweepstakes. Canadian Entrants will be required, as a condition of winning a prize, to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, the Sponsor’s time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question to be administered in connection with executing the Winner Release.
Employees of the Sponsor, its parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, departments or agencies, franchisees, suppliers, advertising and promotional agencies, sweepstakes administrators, and any other parties engaged in the development, production or distribution of Sweepstakes materials, and those living in the same household are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants acknowledge compliance with, and agree to be bound by, these Sweepstakes rules. Entrants who do not comply with any of the Sweepstakes Rules are subject to disqualification by the Sponsor, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. VOID in Quebec, North Dakota and West Virginia and where prohibited by law. All federal, provincial, state, municipal and local laws and regulations apply.
4. SWEEPSTAKES DATES AND TIMES: Sweepstakes begins on May 12, 2022 at 9:00 AM Central Time and ends on May 13, 2022 at 6:00 PM Central Time (the “Sweepstakes Period”) after which time the Sweepstakes will be closed and no further entries will be accepted.
5. TO ENTER: You can enter our Sweepstakes as follows (each, an “Entry”):
Anyone meeting the eligibility requirements may enter by visiting the Trupanion booth at the Conference and viewing a software certification video for Trupanion’s software or a Trupanion testimonial video during the Sweepstakes Period. The entry must fulfill all requirements of the Sweepstakes, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize.
All entries must be complete and are subject to verification by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Each Participant may only enter the Sweepstakes one (1) time. Entries that are lost, late, misdirected, illegible, incompletely received, or incomplete, for any reason, will not be eligible and are not the responsibility of the Sponsor. In the event of a dispute over the identity of a Selected Entrant, may be required to provide evidence sufficient to show that he/she is the authorized account holder of that e-mail address. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned the e-mail address by the relevant e-mail service provider.
6. PRIZES: Five (5) $100 USD Visa e-gift cards will be awarded, (approximate retail value $100 each). The prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash, except in the sole discretion of Sponsor. All prize details including without limitation style, color, and selection are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Incidental expenses and all other costs and expenses which are not specifically listed as part of the prize in these Terms and Conditions and which may be associated with the award, acceptance, receipt, and use of all or any portion of the awarded prize are solely the responsibility of the respective Winner. All federal, state, and local taxes associated with the receipt or use of any prize are solely the responsibility of the Winner. Any person winning $600 or more worth of prizes from Sponsor in a calendar year will receive an IRS form 1099, and copy of such form will be filed with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
7. WINNER SELECTION AND CONFIRMATION: On or around May 20, 2022, five (5) Selected Entrants will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entrants (each a “Winner”). If a Selected Entrant does not meet the Criteria, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a prize and another entrant may be selected. Before being declared a winner, Selected Entrants may be required to sign and return the Sponsor’s Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release form (the “Winner Release”); and must comply with all other Sweepstakes rules, all in the sole discretion of Sponsor.
Selected Entrants will be notified within about one business day of being selected and will be contacted by email provided at the time of entry into the Sweepstakes. Up to three attempts will be made to contact Selected Entrants within three business days following the draw. A Selected Entrant that does not or cannot accept a prize may be forfeited and a new Selected Entrant selected by random draw, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion will be awarded the relevant prize. A signed copy of the Winner Release must be received by the Sponsor no later than May 25, 2022. Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a Selected Entrant to receive notification or for the Sponsor to receive a Selected Entrant’s response.
Each Selected Entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder associated with a selected entry.
8. ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
9. OTHER CONDITIONS: By entering the Sweepstakes, you agree to all the terms and conditions in these Sweepstakes rules (“Terms and Conditions”). All federal, provincial, state and local taxes on prize and all expenses related to acceptance and use of prize, not otherwise specified, are the sole responsibility of winner.
10. PUBLICITY AND ENTRANT INFORMATION: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants consent to the use of their name, address, email address, postal code, telephone number, social media handle(s), comments and image, whether on videotape, photograph or any other means, for the administration of the Sweepstakes or any publicity carried out by the Sponsor, without further notice or compensation, except where prohibited.
11. RULE AMENDMENTS: The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to amend or modify these Terms and Conditions, or modify, cancel or suspend this Sweepstakes in the event that any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor corrupts, or threatens to corrupt, the security or proper administration of the Sweepstakes. Any changes will be posted on vet.trupanion.com/events/chicagovet/terms-and-conditions/ and will be effective upon posting unless another effective date is specified. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as originally planned for any reason, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Sweepstakes and conduct a random draw from all previously received eligible entries received by the end of the Sweepstakes Period.
12. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: All Trupanion intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, images, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor. All rights reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any of the Sponsor’s intellectual property without the express written consent of the Sponsor is strictly prohibited.
13. LAW: The Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, territorial, state, municipal and local laws. This Sweepstakes shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the state of Washington, including all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Sweepstakes rules, rights and obligations between entrants and the Sponsor, and procedural provisions, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Any dispute shall be adjudicated by the courts sitting in King County, Washington.
14. WAIVERS AND RELEASES. By entering, entrants agree: (a) to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding; (b) to waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules; (c) that they may be contacted in person, by phone, social media, or by e-mail, with respect to the Sweepstakes; (d) that Sponsor, its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, and advertising and promotion agencies, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, and employees (collectively “Releasees”) are not responsible for lost, damaged, or misplaced entries, incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, or for any human or other error, technical malfunction, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software, inability to access any online service or web site, or any other error or malfunction, or any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes, or for any injury to person or property; and (e) that the Releasees will not be liable for losses or injuries of any kind resulting from acceptance/possession/use and/or misuse of the Prize, travel to and from any prize-related activity, participation in the Sweepstakes, or printing, mailing or distribution errors. Each Winner further acknowledges that Sponsor does not make any warranties, express or implied, relating to the Prize itself and that Sponsor expressly disclaims the implied warranties or merchantability and fitness for a particular use.
15. SEVERABILITY: If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
17. WINNERS LIST: For the names of all prize winners available after May 25, 2022, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: 6100 Fourth Avenue South, Suite 200, Seattle, WA 98108. Requests for a copy of these Official Rules received more than thirty (30) days after the Promotion Period will not be honored.
18. SPONSOR: The Chicago Vet 2022 Trupanion Certification Sweepstakes is sponsored by Trupanion Managers USA, Inc., 6100 Fourth Avenue South, Suite 200, Seattle, WA 98108 (“Sponsor”).
© Trupanion Managers USA, Inc. 2022 All Rights Reserved.